DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Friday, November 26, 2004

From Penthouse to Pavement

Sometimes, just to see if we are all awake, my company makes what appears to be minor changes to it's employees' terms of employment. It just occurred to me, as I read the latest missive from personnel, that I had lost out on something, almost without realising it. The bulletin to all employees informed us that the annual pay review was being moved from January each year to April. This was aimed at bringing the UK offices into line with the rest of the global offices, who have always had their pay review at the beginning of the financial year. 
Two years ago, they moved our pay review date to January from April, to bring us into line with our Jersey offices.
 
Wait a moment!?! That means that I've lost a whole year's pay review. How did they get away with this?
 
And this year's review was a measly 2%, across the board.
 
So I've had a pay cut in real terms.
 
"Let us honour, if we can, the vertical man. Though we value none but the horizontal".
 
So I'll be dead before I realise my full worth.
 
Lovely jubbly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home