DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

What are the chances...?

Going back over the Friends Reunited site the other night, I decided to search for some of the missing classmates who hadn't as yet bothered to add their names to the list.

Started with some of the ones who might still be local to the schools...nothing.

Despite extensive Googling and Boogling (I made that one up) - nothing.

Not one missing person could I find.

Except, that is, the one person I absolutely never believed I would ever find.

In between 1984 and 1987, I had a close friend with whom I really had a lot of fun. We never went out together as such, just did an awful lot of teenage-type things followed by the inevitable hangovers. Ah...such fond memories...Suzannah...

I remembered that, in about 1989, Suzy went back to America with her 8 sisters, and her only brother.

So I simply typed Suzy's sister's name into Google.com.

Francesca...

First entry - an exact match in a short story about a Air Stewardess, from Anchorage, Alaska.

Unlikely - I thought.

Reading the story, the stewardess's age (when I worked it out) was exactly right though.

Another entry showed the same name registered to a riding school in (you guessed it) Anchorage, Alaska.

It won't be her. What are the chances of finding someone after 20-odd years with the first results from a single, global Google search?

In a place that's cold. And she hated the cold.

Actually?

It is her.

Hi Cesky!!!

Hi Suzy, Tori, Lucy, etc...

Then I found Cesky on Friends Reunited.

.co.uk.

Sergei.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Depends on the name.

It's impossible to even find me using google, for the baseball player, actor and writer all get more hits than I do.

I suspect you looking for old and female school friends on the web will upset Mrs Sergei, somehow...

Fri Nov 18, 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger therussian said...

Nowhere near as much as my stagnight photos resurfacing...

Fri Nov 18, 08:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home