DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Where Is The Gap In Watford?

Things just didn't work out for me on Sunday.

8am start, taking Ivanovitch Jr to Rugby, in Watford.

"I know" says I, "I'll drive over to the Rugby Club and follow the Coaches down to Watford, cos they know where they are going". "Good idea" replies Shortstop, "cos you got lost last year, didn't you Dad?"

Only trouble is, said Coaches have got large, fast cars, and Yours Truly does not.

So, I'm soon on my own, making my way down the fast-moving motorway.

Actually, not quite on my own.

Two other nervous parents are following me. Oh Dear. One car, and one van, filled with the familiar black and yellow hoops of smallish rugby players.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too!!

This is the only time I wish I had one of those stoopid stickers in my rear window.

I toughed it out for 30 miles, before pulling in to a layby and admitting I was a f$%kw*t.

"That's ok" says Dad-In-The-Van. "It's over there, behind that school. I saw the sign about 100 yards back"

I felt so guilty. I'd also told everyone that there was a clubhouse there where you could get coffees and bacon sarnies. That was last year. It's not there now.

And I was the only one who'd brought a flask of hot beverage.

But no tea-bags.

It rained on the way home.

And the brakes started grinding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home