DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Sergei Through The Looking Glass

Terrible haircut. Looks like I cut it myself with a pair of blunt scissors, when slightly inebriated. Fading tan, left over from a two-week holiday in the rain, in a caravan. Left eyebrow slightly raised due to piratical scar gained free and gratis from a car accident a few years ago. One eye slightly higher than the other. My mother used to call me Isiaah, and I never understood that until I held a ruler horizontally up to my face. Marginal double-chin, gained through mid-thirties pigging on chocolate. I'm working on it all, though I can't afford plastic surgery yet. Perhaps that blunt pair of scissors might come in handy.
It all seems so trivial when one writes about it, but I know I'm not alone. Everyone has some things they hate about themselves, and that list contains mine.

It was all put into perspective today however, when I visited my local Accident & Emergency Dept for a badly twisted ankle.

There were people with learning difficulties; someone had burnt their eyebrows off in a cooking accident; someone else with a severe eye injury sustained from a glass shard; one lady with a prosthetic arm; toddlers with encephalopathic heads. It was, for want of a better term, a real eye-opener.

I'm thankful for what I've got, skew-wiff or not. I looked in the mirror again when I got home. I could see a modern spikey haircut, a good bit of colour in my cheeks, an eyebrow I can raise just like Roger Moore, brown eyes - slightly passionate if you like, and if I look up slightly, a chin without a single wrinkle or crease.

Everyone should have a day like I had today. Busted ankle notwithstanding.

Sergei.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home