DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

It wasn't before I left for work. It wasn't when I got to the station. It wasn't when I changed trains.

It was when I walked out of the Tube, about 500 yards from work.

My phone rang.

Mrs. Sergei. Urgent. SMS message followed fiercely by two missed calls. At 8am in the morning? Uh-oh.

Hastily returning the calls, I discover a panting and panicky-sounding better half trying the get the kids ready, eat breakfast, and mop up a sizeable puddle of water in the living room.

As I don't remember installing a swimming pool in that particular room, I think I can safely assume that something has gone very wrong.

Home again, home again, lickety-split.

I find the ballcock valve, that finest of double-entendres has stuck in the down position. To use a technical term. It's overfilled the large tank of water in the loft, overpowered the overflow pipe, soaking everything in the immediate area, immediately below the area in Ivanovitch Jr's bedroom, also the Pink Princess's carpet has gotten itself a good dose of damp. The hall carpet has taken on a deeper shade of blue. The freshly painted living room now has fantastically gothic spire and steeple patterns etched into the cream walls.

In short, something that caused so much aggro and pain today, I managed to fix for £3.58.

Mystic Meg never predicted that for Aquarians yesterday. Although perhaps such a calamity is entirely appropriate for a water carrier...

Sergei

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home