DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cross My Palms with Silver To See Your Future

I have recently been offered a look into the future. Everything seems reasonably rosy, but I don't necessarily want it to be.

Sitting in a very comfortable leatherette armchair last week, I felt the wind of change blowing through.

Where I was, it is the only place on earth where one can easily see directly into one's own near forthcomings. Or even possibly shortcomings.

I looked into the large mirror in front of me, and saw myself ageing rapidly. As the months came off, the years piled on.

I spoke softly, and was answered with a minute buzzing in my ear.

I asked for a number four all over.

And was advised that I really shouldn't do that unles I'm considering joining Holy Orders at the nearest Monastery.

As the hair became shorter, I saw the ancestry of the human race slowly being uncovered. I began to look like a chimp. Ok, Ok - even more like a chimp than usual.

Oh well.

Hair today, Goon tomorrow.

Samson, I know how you felt.

Sergei

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All over?

:)

Thu Dec 08, 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Being ordained and bald isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I get cheap car insurance though. Not 'cos of the (lack of) hair, obviously.

Fri Dec 09, 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger therussian said...

One might say it's actually 'pre-ordained'. Still went for a Crop though.

Fri Dec 09, 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

So now would be a good time to put the second one up here

Sat Dec 10, 01:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home