DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Obeying The Laws Of Levity

A new and unexciting phenomenon caught me unawares this morning...

Levity.

I'm not overweight, but my bike thinks I am, and the pot-holes on the path through the Common also agree. When I get on the bike, my 12st bod doesn't exactly make the tyres flatten. So why is the ride so uncomfortable?

The saddle has one of those Madonna pads across the top. A Madonna pad by the way, is so-named because of how it gets 'into the groove' so easily.

So, why, when I hit a particularly large hole this morning, did my ar*e leave the saddle by at least three inches?

And then land back on the saddle, but slightly to the left.

Wow - that hurt.

Hopefully no damage done, but I won't be modelling any thongs at the next Ann Summers party or two.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to a good day at the office today...just a few projects to rubber stamp...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ha.

I'm 2 stone too heavy for one of my bikes.

Pah.

Tue Jan 31, 04:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home