DailyMeander

Is it a bird? A butterfly? A bee? An excrutiating boil on the bottom? A pain in the neck, and a nasty-tasting medicine? Yup. It's an extension of me; warts and all. A third arm if you like. Always handy, if you know what I mean...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

Welcome to Daily Meander Dear Reader... This blog is intended to simply be an online diary. Like my real diary, it will contain political, funny, sexual, thoughtful, sweet and engaging entries. Some will be true, and some will be patently untrue. Imagination is part of life. I use mine. Use yours.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Legs In Treacle Syndrome

I have a weird dream every now and then - usually once a week.

In this dream, all my colleagues and I have relocated to a new office, somewhere deep in the woods. The new office is surrounded by barbed wire, and patrolled by sentries with guard dogs. No-one seems unduly perturbed by this seeming prison. We just all get on with our work. Like Groundhog Day, the work never ends, but just repeats itself.

Suddenly, there is an emergency - some type of fire or incident which requires everyone to evacuate the building.

But no-one can, because they aren't allowed out of the doors.

So Yours Truly saves the day with some superhuman effort, by climbing out of a window on the third floor, dodging volleys of gunfire, and rescuing everyone.

What is this dream telling me - apart from the fact that I should get out more?

Is this a future event, or something deeper?

Whatever it is, I've relocated a Fire Extinguisher from the corridor to under my desk, because I don't think my knees will take the strain of a third-floor somersault with 1/2 pike.

Sergei

2 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

I have this recurring dream where... oh, hang on, this probably isn't the place for *those* types of dreams.

And yes, you should get out more. For beer, for example. Ahem.

Tue Feb 07, 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I passed a transco engineer peering into a whole he'd dug earlier today. He had two fire extinguishers stood next to him. Puzzling.

As to dreams, I'm still occasionally plagued by that one where I'm standing on a pedestal wearing a toga, surrounded by girl bands who all throw little pickles at me.

Wed Feb 08, 12:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home